Read Books: 2 States The Story Of My Marriage

2 States
  • Author : Chetan Bhagat
  • Publisher : N.a
  • Pages : 269
  • ISBN : 8129115301
  • Reader Reviews : 8
  • Genre : Indic fiction (English)
  • Fourth book by the bestselling author Chetan Bhagat. 2 States is a story about Krish and Ananya. They are from two different states of India, deeply in love and want to get married. Of course, their parents don't agree. To convert their love story into a love marriage, the couple have a tough battle in front of them.

2 States: The Story of My Marriage (Movie Tie-In Edition)
  • Publisher : Rupa Publications
  • Pages : 280
  • ISBN : 8129132540
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Genre : Fiction
  • Love marriages around the world are simple: Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy. They get married. In India, there are a few more steps: Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy. Girl's family has to love boy. Boy's family has to love girl. Girl's family has to love boy's family. Boy's family has to love girl's family. Girl and boy still love each other. They get married. Welcome to 2 States, the story of Krish and Ananya, who are from two different states of India, deeply in love with each other, and want to get married. Of course, their parents don't agree. To convert their love story into a love marriage, the couple has a tough battle ahead of them; for it is easy to fight and rebel, but harder to convince. Will they make it? From the bestselling author Chetan Bhagat comes another witty tale about inter-community marriages in modern India.

The Serpent's Revenge
  • Author : Sudha Murty
  • Publisher : Penguin UK
  • Pages : 200
  • ISBN : 9789385990175
  • Reader Reviews : 2
  • Genre : Juvenile Fiction
  • How many names does Arjuna have? Why was Yama cursed? What lesson did a little mongoose teach Yudhisthira? The Kurukshetra war, fought between the Kauravas and the Pandavas and which forced even the gods to take sides, may be well known, but there are innumerable stories set before, after and during the war that lend the Mahabharata its many varied shades and are largely unheard of. Award-winning author Sudha Murty reintroduces the fascinating world of India’s greatest epic through the extraordinary tales in this collection, each of which is sure to fill you with a sense of wonder and bewilderment.

Half Girlfriend
  • Pages : 280
  • ISBN : 8129135728
  • Reader Reviews : 46
  • Genre : Man-woman relationships
  • Read and download full book Half Girlfriend

The House on Persimmon Road
  • Author : Jackie Weger
  • Publisher : Written Musings
  • Pages : 350
  • ISBN : 9781945143656
  • Reader Reviews : 3
  • History. Reality. Fantasy. All rolled into one zany family. If Justine Hale had the time, she'd get in her car and go crazy. She owns two kids, an ex-mother-in-law, and a bankrupt mother. Money scarce, she moves her entire family into a run-down, two-hundred-year-old farmhouse. Resident ghost Lottie Roberts offers to help. She’s bossy, but she cooks. So what if she’s betwixt and between? After all, it's her house. Before Lottie can intervene, though, Tucker Highsmith steals her thunder with his sexy grin, lazy Alabama drawl, and Mr. Fix-it talent. Plagued with the demands of her family, Justine dismisses ghost and handyman alike. But hidden agendas prevail, and Justine is caught in the middle.

Making India Awesome
  • Publisher : Rupa Publications India
  • Pages : 192
  • ISBN : 8129137429
  • Reader Reviews : 4
  • Genre : India
  • Love your country? Want to make it truly great? Tired of loud debates and complex arguments which lead to no solutions? Welcome to MAKING INDIA AWESOME. Following the phenomenal success of his first non-fiction book, What Young India Wants, Chetan Bhagat, the country's biggest-selling writer, returns with another book of essays in which he analyses and provides inspired solutions to the country's most intractable problems-poverty, unemployment, corruption, violence against women, communal violence, religious fundamentalism, illiteracy and more. Using simple language and concepts, this book will enable you to understand the most complex of problems facing the nation today and give practical solutions on how you can do your part to solve them.

One Night at the Call Center
  • Publisher : Ballantine Books
  • Pages : 320
  • ISBN : 9780307489081
  • Reader Reviews : 186
  • Press 1 for technical support. Press 2 for broken hearts. Press 3 if your life has totally crashed. . . . Six friends work nights at a call center in India, providing technical support for a major U.S. appliance corporation. Skilled in patience–and accent management–they help American consumers keep their lives running. Yet behind the headsets, everybody’s heart is on the line. Shyam (Sam to his callers) has lost his self-confidence after being dumped by the girl who just so happens to be sitting next to him. Priyanka’s domineering mother has arranged for her daughter’s upscale marriage to an Indian man in Seattle. Esha longs to be a model but discovers it’s a horizontal romp to the runway. Lost, dissatisfied Vroom has high ideals, but compromises them by talking on the phone to idiots each night. Traditional Radhika has just found out that her husband is sleeping with his secretary. And Military Uncle (nobody knows his real name) sits alone working the online chat. They all try to make it through their shifts–and maintain their sanity–under the eagle eye of a boss whose ego rivals his incompetence. But tonight is no ordinary night. Tonight is Thanksgiving in America: Appliances are going haywire, and the phones are ringing off their hooks. Then one call, from one very special caller, changes everything. Chetan Bhagat’s delicious romantic comedy takes us inside the world of the international call center, where cultural cross-wires come together with perfect pathos, hilarity, and spice.

400 Days
  • Publisher : Harper Collins
  • Pages : 356
  • ISBN : 9789356291379
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Twelve-year-old Siya has been missing for nine months. It's a cold case, but Keshav wants to help his mother, Alia, who refuses to give up. 'My daughter Siya was kidnapped. Nine months ago,' Alia said. The police had given up. They called it a cold case. Even the rest of her family had stopped searching. Alia wouldn't stop looking, though. She wanted to know if I could help her. Hi, I am Keshav Rajpurohit and I am a disappointment to everyone around me. I live with my parents, who keep telling me how I should: a) get married, b) focus on my IPS exams, c) meet more people and d) close my detective agency. But Alia Arora, neighbour and ex-model, wanted my help. And I couldn't take my eyes off her face ... I mean ... her case. Welcome to 400 Days. A mystery and romance story like no other. An unputdownable tale of suspense, human relationships, love, friendship, the crazy world we live in and, above all, a mother's determination to never give up. From India's highest-selling author comes a page-turner that will not only keep you glued to the story but also touch you deeply.

Five Point Someone
  • Publisher : Rupa and Company
  • Pages : 270
  • ISBN : 8129104598
  • Reader Reviews : 171
  • Set in IIT, in the early '90s, Five Point Someone portrays the lives of the protagonist Hari and his two friends Ryan and Alok. It explores the darker side of IIT, one in which students- having worked for years to make it into the institute-struggle to maintain their grades, keep their friends and have some kind of life outside studies.

Dead Heat
  • Author : Dick Francis,Felix Francis
  • Publisher : Penguin
  • Pages : 416
  • ISBN : 9781101207444
  • Reader Reviews : 24
  • On the heels of Under Orders, ?Francis once again proves himself a master. Wow.? (BOOKLIST) Max Moreton is a rising culinary star?until his guests fall victim to severe food poisoning?and then a bomb blast rips through the luncheon he?s catering. Two close calls are too close for comfort, and Max vows to protect his name, and himself, before it?s too late.

Two Fates
  • Author : Judy Balan
  • Pages : 199
  • ISBN : 9381626006
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Two Fates: The Story Of My Divorce is the story of a couple, Rishab and Deepika, falling in and out of love, and what happens when their families decide to bring their love story back on track.

The Story of a Marriage
  • Author : Geir Gulliksen
  • Publisher : Hogarth
  • Pages : 160
  • ISBN : 9781524759698
  • Reader Reviews :
  • A dramatic portrait of the dissolution of a marriage, written with brutal and lyrical precision, and nominated for the Nordic Prize. Jon, who is losing his wife to another man, is trying to understand what happened to his Great Love, by working, painfully, to see the story from her perspective. It begins as he asks her: "Can you tell me about us?" As he looks to his past and within himself, he begins to question the conventions of masculinity and femininity, understanding himself uncommonly as a man who challenges the male role--he's deeply embedded in family life, and identifies as sensitive, vulnerable, and nurturing. And finally, in an effort to understand how his wife could fall in love with someone else, he attempts an ultimate act of empathy: to tell the story from the other man's point of view, raising crippling questions: Is it possible to have sex without violating oneself or the other? How much of what we think is love is only projection? Is it possible to truly know another person? With prose unsettling in its precision and emotional heft, The Story of a Marriage cracks wide open the familiar story of a failed love, as it turns cliched phrases over and over again until they crumble, revealing a bitter hollowness--or ringing new meanings.

Knightingale
  • Author : Stephanie Laws
  • Publisher : Stephanie Laws
  • Pages : 378
  • ISBN : N.a
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Evil has plagued this world since the dawn of creation seeking to gain control. One family was given supernatural abilities with the sole purpose of protecting the things in this world that evil must never take possession of.Samantha Nelson knew she was cursed. She didn't know that her unnatural ability of forcing the truth out of people was just the beginning of her curse until her family is murdered in a horrific home explosion. Six months later she finds herself face to face with a Knight Protector and her life is turned into utter chaos.When David received his assignment on his twentieth birthday he was told that his destiny would be entwined with a woman soon to be born and that his aging would be halted. Since the moment Samantha was born, David protected her from her enemies. As every Knight before him, he does so in the shadows. But David must face the facts that something even deadlier than her enemies is occurring. No matter how much he denies it, he is falling in love with her. When her enemies begin to discover ways around his protection and murder her family he is forced to make a decision of what is more important to him; his family or his assignment. All it takes is one warning sign of danger to convince him that he simply cannot live without Samantha and he takes a leap that will change their lives forever. Their only chance of survival is to discover what Samantha's destiny is and the journey leads them straight to the heart of the Knight family where they discover evil has infiltrated and it is up to them to stop the evil before it destroys the family and gains control of the very thing that God created the family to protect.

Loveology
  • Author : John Mark Comer
  • Publisher : Zondervan
  • Pages : 304
  • ISBN : 9780310337270
  • Reader Reviews : 4
  • Genre : Religion
  • In the beginning, God created Adam. Then he made Eve. And ever since we’ve been picking up the pieces. Loveology is just that—a theology of love. With an autobiographical thread that turns a book into a story, pastor and speaker John Mark Comer shares about what is right in male/female relationships—what God intended in the Garden. And about what is wrong—the fallout in a post-Eden world. Loveology starts with marriage and works backward. Comer deals with sexuality, romance, singleness, and what it means to be male and female; ending with a raw, uncut, anything goes Q and A dealing with the most asked questions about sexuality and relationships. This is a book for singles, engaged couples, and the newly married—both inside and outside the church—who want to learn what the Scriptures have to say about sexuality and relationships. For those who are tired of Hollywood’s propaganda, and the church’s silence. And for people who want to ask the why questions and get intelligent, nuanced, grace-and-truth answers, rooted in the Scriptures.

An American Marriage
  • Author : Tayari Jones
  • Publisher : Algonquin Books
  • Pages : 336
  • ISBN : 9781616207601
  • Reader Reviews : 133
  • THE INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER! OPRAH’S BOOK CLUB 2018 SELECTION “One of my favorite parts of summer is deciding what to read when things slow down just a bit, whether it’s on a vacation with family or just a quiet afternoon . . . An American Marriage by Tayari Jones is a moving portrayal of the effects of a wrongful conviction on a young African-American couple.” —Barack Obama “Haunting . . . Beautifully written.” —The New York Times Book Review “Brilliant and heartbreaking . . . Unforgettable.” —USA Today “A tense and timely love story . . . Packed with brave questions about race and class.” —People “Compelling.” —The Washington Post “Epic . . . Transcendent . . . Triumphant.” —Elle Newlyweds Celestial and Roy are the embodiment of both the American Dream and the New South. He is a young executive, and she is an artist on the brink of an exciting career. But as they settle into the routine of their life together, they are ripped apart by circumstances neither could have imagined. Roy is arrested and sentenced to twelve years for a crime Celestial knows he didn’t commit. Though fiercely independent, Celestial finds herself bereft and unmoored, taking comfort in Andre, her childhood friend, and best man at their wedding. As Roy’s time in prison passes, she is unable to hold on to the love that has been her center. After five years, Roy’s conviction is suddenly overturned, and he returns to Atlanta ready to resume their life together. This stirring love story is a profoundly insightful look into the hearts and minds of three people who are at once bound and separated by forces beyond their control. An American Marriage is a masterpiece of storytelling, an intimate look deep into the souls of people who must reckon with the past while moving forward—with hope and pain—into the future.

This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage
  • Author : Ann Patchett
  • Publisher : A&C Black
  • ISBN : 9781408842409
  • Reader Reviews : 50
  • Genre : Biography & Autobiography
  • This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage is an irresistible blend of literature and memoir revealing the big experiences and little moments that shaped Ann Patchett as a daughter, wife, friend and writer. Here, Ann Patchett shares entertaining and moving stories about her tumultuous childhood, her painful early divorce, the excitement of selling her first book, driving a Winnebago from Montana to Yellowstone Park, her joyous discovery of opera, scaling a six-foot wall in order to join the Los Angeles Police Department, the gradual loss of her beloved grandmother, starting her own bookshop in Nashville, her love for her very special dog and, of course, her eventual happy marriage. This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage is a memoir both wide ranging and deeply personal, overflowing with close observation and emotional wisdom, told with wit, honesty and irresistible warmth.

Married Love: A New Contribution to the Solution of Sex Difficulties
  • Author : Marie Carmichael Stopes
  • Publisher : Good Press
  • Pages : 101
  • ISBN : EAN:4057664620590
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Genre : Psychology
  • "Married Love: A New Contribution to the Solution of Sex Difficulties" by Marie Carmichael Stopes. Published by Good Press. Good Press publishes a wide range of titles that encompasses every genre. From well-known classics & literary fiction and non-fiction to forgotten−or yet undiscovered gems−of world literature, we issue the books that need to be read. Each Good Press edition has been meticulously edited and formatted to boost readability for all e-readers and devices. Our goal is to produce eBooks that are user-friendly and accessible to everyone in a high-quality digital format.

The Girl In Room 105
  • ISBN : 9789356291089
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Hi, I'm Keshav, and my life is screwed. I hate my job and my girlfriend left me. Ah, the beautiful Zara. Zara is from Kashmir. She is a Muslim. And did I tell you my family is a bit, well, traditional? Anyway, leave that. Zara and I broke up four years ago. She moved on in life. I didn't. I drank every night to forget her. I called, messaged, and stalked her on social media. She just ignored me. However, that night, on the eve of her birthday, Zara messaged me. She called me over, like old times, to her hostel room 105. I shouldn't have gone, but I did ... and my life changed forever. This is not a love story. It is an un-love story. From the author of Five Point Someone and 2 States, comes a fast-paced, funny and unputdownable thriller about obsessive love and finding purpose in life against the backdrop of contemporary India.

Life is What You Make It
  • Author : Preeti Shenoy
  • Publisher : Sristhi Publishers & Distributors
  • Pages : 226
  • ISBN : 9789380349305
  • Reader Reviews : 1
  • What would you do if destiny twisted the road you took? What if it threw you to a place you did not want to go? Would you fight, would you run or would you accept? Set across two cities in India in the early eighties, Life is What You Make it is a gripping account of a few significant years of Ankita’s life. Ankita Sharma has the world at her feet. She is young, good-looking, smart and tones of friends and boys swooning over her. She also manages to get into a premier management school for her MBA. Six months later , she is a patient in a mental health hospital. Life has cruelly and coldly snatched that which meant the most to her and she must now fight to get it all back. It is a deeply moving and inspiring account of growing up, of the power of faith and how determination and an indomitable spirit can overcome even what destiny throws at you. A tale, at its core a love-story that makes us question our beliefs about ourselves and our concept of sanity, and forces us to believe that life is truly what one makes it.

The Book of Marriage
  • Author : David Blankenhorn
  • Publisher : Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing
  • Pages : 637
  • ISBN : 9780802863386
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Genre : Family & Relationships
  • Couples spend an enormous amount of time and energy planning for the perfect wedding. But what about planning for the perfect marriage? In these times of rampant divorce and "relationship" crises, it makes sense to think seriously about the many challenges of married life that loom so large today. The Book of Marriage offers a treasury of marital wisdom from across the ages. Intellectually engaging, morally rich, and ideologically balanced, this anthology gathers some of the deepest, wittiest, and most edifying perspectives on the big questions of married life: Why get married at all? Can love last a lifetime? How do we handle money? Who's the boss? What about children? Conflict? Growing old? Illness and death? There is even a chapter on divorce -- one calculated to save a few marriages. To date there has been no single comprehensive book of source readings on marriage and family life. Assembled with the aid of noted scholars from various fields, this volume treats marriage as more than just a relationship -- as an institution, a vocation, and a source of great spiritual and emotional rewards. Each chapter introduces a different quandary of marriage and then culls the best from ancient and modern writings on the theme. The compendium of cultural wisdom on marriage ranges from the Bible and Eastern wisdom to Aristotle, St. Augustine, Maimonides, and Judith Wallerstein; from Homer, Shakespeare, Milton, and Jane Austen to Edward Albee, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and Bill Cosby. An important resource for young adults, college students, engaged and married couples, educators, marriage counselors, therapists, pastors, and other family professionals, The Book of Marriage celebrates the diversity and essential humanity of the marital experience in a way that is accessible, entertaining, and eminently useful.

The Story of a Long-Distance Marriage
  • Author : Siddhesh Inamdar
  • ISBN : 9789352775903
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Rohan and Ira's life takes an unexpected turn when Ira decides to leave for New York to study. They've been married for only fifteen months, but this is the opportunity of a lifetime, and Rohan is not going to come between his wife and her dream. So, sad but supportive, he stays back in Delhi. Rohan prepares for a year without Ira, getting by with a little help from his friends. Life without Ira is going surprisingly well. Until the day, that is, she reveals the real reason she left.

Fleishman Is in Trouble
  • Author : Taffy Brodesser-Akner
  • Publisher : Random House Trade Paperbacks
  • Pages : 401
  • ISBN : 9780525510895
  • Reader Reviews : 33
  • NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • NATIONAL BOOK AWARD LONGLIST • “A masterpiece” (NPR) about marriage, divorce, and the bewildering dynamics of ambition Coming soon as an FX limited series on Hulu, starring Claire Danes, Jesse Eisenberg, Lizzy Caplan, and Adam Brody ONE OF THE TEN BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR—Entertainment Weekly, The New York Public Library ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR—The New York Times Book Review, Time, The Washington Post, USA Today Vanity Fair, Vogue, NPR, Chicago Tribune, GQ, Vox, Refinery29, Elle, The Guardian, Real Simple, Financial Times, Parade, Good Housekeeping, New Statesman, Marie Claire, Town & Country, Evening Standard, Thrillist, Booklist, Kirkus Reviews, BookPage, BookRiot, Shelf Awareness Toby Fleishman thought he knew what to expect when he and his wife of almost fifteen years separated: weekends and every other holiday with the kids, some residual bitterness, the occasional moment of tension in their co-parenting negotiations. He could not have predicted that one day, in the middle of his summer of sexual emancipation, Rachel would just drop their two children off at his place and simply not return. He had been working so hard to find equilibrium in his single life. The winds of his optimism, long dormant, had finally begun to pick up. Now this. As Toby tries to figure out where Rachel went, all while juggling his patients at the hospital, his never-ending parental duties, and his new app-assisted sexual popularity, his tidy narrative of the spurned husband with the too-ambitious wife is his sole consolation. But if Toby ever wants to truly understand what happened to Rachel and what happened to his marriage, he is going to have to consider that he might not have seen things all that clearly in the first place. A searing, utterly unvarnished debut, Fleishman Is in Trouble is an insightful, unsettling, often hilarious exploration of a culture trying to navigate the fault lines of an institution that has proven to be worthy of our great wariness and our great hope. Alma’s Best Jewish Novel of the Year • Finalist for the National Book Critics Circle’s John Leonard Prize for Best First Book

Mahashweta
  • Author : Sudha Murty
  • Pages : 160
  • ISBN : 9789351183402
  • Anupama looked into the mirror and shivered with shock. A small white patch had now appeared on her arm.' Anupama's fairytale marriage to Anand falls apart when she discovers a white patch on her foot and learns that she has leukoderma. Abandoned by her uncaring in-laws and insensitive husband, she is forced to return to her father's home in the village. The social stigma of a married woman living with her parents, her steother's continual barbs and the ostracism that accompanies her skin condition force her to contemplate suicide. Determined to rebuild her life against all odds, Anupama goes to Bombay where she finds success, respect and the promise of an enduring friendship. Mahashweta is an inspiring story of courage and resilience in a world marred by illusions and betrayals. This poignant tale offers hope and solace to the victims of the prejudices that govern society even today.

Luis Suarez: Crossing the Line - My Story
  • Author : Luis Suarez
  • Publisher : Headline
  • ISBN : 9781472224255
  • Luis Suárez was a young boy already in love with football by the time his family moved from the countryside to Uruguay's capital, Montevideo. The guile and trickery of the street kid made an impact with the country's biggest club, Nacional, before he was spotted by Dutch scouts who brought him to Europe. Suárez was lured from Ajax to Merseyside by another iconic number 7, Kenny Dalglish. From that moment, he terrorised Premier League defences, driving a resurgent Liverpool towards their most exciting top-flight season in 24 years. But there is another side to Luis Suárez: the naturally fiery temperament which drives his competitiveness on the pitch. There was the very public incident with Patrice Evra of bitter rivals Manchester United, and the biting of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic. Then during the World Cup finals in Brazil, in a physical encounter against Italy, he bit defender Giorgi Chiellini on the shoulder. Banned from football for four months, derided by the press, he was marched out of the country. In the summer's final twist, he became one of the most expensive footballers of all time, moving from Liverpool to Barcelona. In his first season at the Nou Camp he helped Barca to La Liga and Copa del Rey titles, scoring 16 goals in 27 games. In Crossing the Line, Luis Suárez talks from the heart about his intriguing career, his personal journey from scrapping street kid to performer on football's biggest stage, and the never-say-die attitude that sometimes causes him to overstep the mark.

Catechism of the Catholic Church
  • Author : U.S. Catholic Church
  • Publisher : Image
  • Pages : 850
  • ISBN : 9780385508193
  • Reader Reviews : 34
  • Genre : Religion
  • Over 3 million copies sold! Essential reading for Catholics of all walks of life. Here it is - the first new Catechism of the Catholic Church in more than 400 years, a complete summary of what Catholics around the world commonly believe. The Catechism draws on the Bible, the Mass, the Sacraments, Church tradition and teaching, and the lives of saints. It comes with a complete index, footnotes and cross-references for a fuller understanding of every subject. The word catechism means "instruction" - this book will serve as the standard for all future catechisms. Using the tradition of explaining what the Church believes (the Creed), what she celebrates (the Sacraments), what she lives (the Commandments), and what she prays (the Lord's Prayer), the Catechism of the Catholic Church offers challenges for believers and answers for all those interested in learning about the mystery of the Catholic faith. The Catechism of the Catholic Church is a positive, coherent and contemporary map for our spiritual journey toward transformation.

In Love
  • Author : Amy Bloom
  • Publisher : Random House
  • Pages : 241
  • ISBN : 9780593243947
  • Reader Reviews : 5
  • NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • A powerful memoir of a love that leads two people to find a courageous way to part—and a woman’s struggle to go forward in the face of loss—that “enriches the reader’s life with urgency and gratitude” (The Washington Post) “A pleasure to read . . . Rarely has a memoir about death been so full of life. . . . Bloom has a talent for mixing the prosaic and profound, the slapstick and the serious.”—USA Today ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR: NPR Amy Bloom began to notice changes in her husband, Brian: He retired early from a new job he loved; he withdrew from close friendships; he talked mostly about the past. Suddenly, it seemed there was a glass wall between them, and their long walks and talks stopped. Their world was altered forever when an MRI confirmed what they could no longer ignore: Brian had Alzheimer’s disease. Forced to confront the truth of the diagnosis and its impact on the future he had envisioned, Brian was determined to die on his feet, not live on his knees. Supporting each other in their last journey together, Brian and Amy made the unimaginably difficult and painful decision to go to Dignitas, an organization based in Switzerland that empowers a person to end their own life with dignity and peace. In this heartbreaking and surprising memoir, Bloom sheds light on a part of life we so often shy away from discussing—its ending. Written in Bloom’s captivating, insightful voice and with her trademark wit and candor, In Love is an unforgettable portrait of a beautiful marriage, and a boundary-defying love.

My Husband and I
  • Author : Ingrid Seward
  • Publisher : Simon and Schuster
  • Pages : 352
  • ISBN : 9781471159589
  • With interest in the royal couple at a new peak thanks to the hit TV series The Crown, Ingrid Seward reveals the real story of the marriage of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. When a young Princess Elizabeth met and fell in love with the dashing Naval Lieutenant Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, it wasn't without its problems. The romance between the sailor prince and the young princess brought a splash of colour to a nation still in the grip of post-war austerity. When they married in Westminster Abbey in November 1947, there were 3000 guests, including six kings and seven queens. Within five years, as Queen Elizabeth II, she would ascend to the throne and later be crowned in front of millions watching through the new medium of television. Throughout her record-breaking reign, she relied on the formidable partnership she had made with her consort. Now, after 70 years of their marriage, acclaimed royal biographer Ingrid Seward sheds new light on their relationship and its impact on their family and on the nation. In My Husband and I, we discover the challenges faced by Prince Philip as he has had to learn to play second fiddle to the Queen in all their public engagements, but we also get a revealing insight into how their relationship operates behind closed doors. As the years have gone by, there have been rumours of marital troubles, fierce debates over how to bring up their children, and they have had to deal with family traumas - from scandalous divorces to shocking deaths - in the full glare of the public eye. But somehow, their relationship has endured and provided a model of constancy to inspire all around them. This book is not only a vivid portrait of a hugely important marriage, it is a celebration of the power of love.

When Sinners Say "I Do"
  • Author : Dave Harvey
  • Publisher : Shepherd Press
  • Pages : 189
  • ISBN : 0976758261
  • Reader Reviews : 3
  • Marriage is the union of two people who arrive at the altar toting some surprisingly large luggage. Often it gets opened right there on the honeymoon, sometimes it waits for the week after. The Bible calls it sin and understanding its influence can make all the difference for a man and woman who are building a life together. When Sinners Say "I Do" is about encountering the life-transforming power of the gospel in the unpredictable journey of marriage. --from publisher description.

The Marriage Trap
  • Author : J. Probst
  • Pages : 271
  • ISBN : 9781476780184
  • A Simon & Schuster eBook. Simon & Schuster has a great book for every reader.

A Dark Sicilian Secret
  • Author : Jane Porter
  • Publisher : Harlequin
  • ISBN : 9781459209169
  • She can run… Lethally attractive Vittorio d'Severano was everything Jillian Smith wanted—until she discovered his secret life, and her dreams of a happy–ever–after crumbled into dust… Brokenhearted and terrified, Jill disappeared. But she can't hide! Now Vitt has returned—to claim the tiny son Jill has sworn to keep from him! But to stay with her child, she must put Vitt's ring on her finger. Yet what kind of relationship can they have when it's based on secrets and a heat impossible to resist?

This Love that Feels Right . . .
  • Author : Ravinder Singh
  • Pages : 236
  • ISBN : 9789386057501
  • Life would have been easier had it been possible for us to plan falling in love; more importantly, avoid falling in love . . . ‘Love is not for you,’ she told herself. Inside—just like any girl—she desired to be loved. She had accepted her life the way it was, till one day love showed up unannounced, uninvited! That's the thing with love. It doesn't take permission. It's in its very nature to gatecrash into our lives. Standing face-to-face with love, she finds herself asking, ‘Is this love right?’ The answer is not simple. It never was . . . This intense love story will shake every belief you've ever had about love.

The Marriage Mistake
  • Author : Jennifer Probst
  • Pages : 352
  • ISBN : 9781476717531
  • The exciting bestselling author who thrilled readers with The Marriage Bargain and The Marriage Trap, Jennifer Probst rounds out her sizzling trilogy with more “nonstop sexual tension” (Laura Kaye). Carina Conte has had a crush on her brother Michael’s best friend, Max Gray, since she was a teenager. Now she’s earned her MBA and come to work at Michael’s new venture, America’s fastest-growing bakery empire. But some things never change: her family still treats her like a child. With three drop-dead gorgeous siblings, she’s still the ugly duckling of the bunch. And Max, the company’s new CEO, still barely notices her. Max knows Carina Conte is strictly off limits. But hot-blooded lust wins out at a conference when the two share a scorching one-night stand—and are busted by her mother! Now, forced by old-world Italian tradition into a marriage he’s not ready for, Max is miserable—and Carina is furious. Her new husband is about to realize that hell hath no fury like a woman transformed….

Revolution Twenty20
  • Author : N.a
  • Pages : N.a
  • ISBN : 8129135531
  • Genre : Books
  • Read and download full book Revolution Twenty20

Intimate Disconnections
  • Author : Allison Alexy
  • Publisher : University of Chicago Press
  • Pages : 248
  • ISBN : 9780226701004
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Genre : Social Science
  • In many ways, divorce is a quintessentially personal decision—the choice to leave a marriage that causes harm or feels unfulfilling to the two people involved. But anyone who has gone through a divorce knows the additional public dimensions of breaking up, from intense shame and societal criticism to friends’ and relatives’ unsolicited advice. In Intimate Disconnections, Allison Alexy tells the fascinating story of the changing norms surrounding divorce in Japan in the early 2000s, when sudden demographic and social changes made it a newly visible and viable option. Not only will one of three Japanese marriages today end in divorce, but divorces are suddenly much more likely to be initiated by women who cite new standards for intimacy as their motivation. As people across Japan now consider divorcing their spouses, or work to avoid separation, they face complicated questions about the risks and possibilities marriage brings: How can couples be intimate without becoming suffocatingly close? How should they build loving relationships when older models are no longer feasible? What do you do, both legally and socially, when you just can’t take it anymore? Relating the intensely personal stories from people experiencing different stages of divorce, Alexy provides a rich ethnography of Japan while also speaking more broadly to contemporary visions of love and marriage during an era in which neoliberal values are prompting wide-ranging transformations in homes across the globe.

One Arranged Murder
  • ISBN : 9789356291492
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Keshav has set up an investigation agency with his best friend, Saurabh. Can the two amateur detectives successfully solve another murder case that affects them personally? And where will it leave their friendship? 'Ever since you found Prerna, I lost my best friend' is what I told Saurabh. Hi, this is Keshav, and Saurabh, my best friend, flatmate, colleague and business partner, won't talk to me. Because I made fun of him and his fiancé, Saurabh and Prerna will be getting married soon. It is an arranged marriage. However, there is more cheesy romance between them than any love-marriage couple. On Karva Chauth, she fasted for him. She didn't eat all day. In the evening, she called him and waited on the terrace for the moon and for Saurabh to break her fast. Excited, Saurabh ran up the steps of her three-storey house. But when he reached ... Welcome to One Arranged Murder, an unputdownable thriller from India's highest-selling author. A story about love, friendship, family and crime. It will keep you entertained and hooked right till the end.

Foreverland
  • Author : Heather Havrilesky
  • Publisher : HarperCollins
  • Pages : 270
  • ISBN : 9780062984494
  • A Recommended Read from: Good Morning America • Good Housekeeping • Esquire • Shondaland • Atlanta Journal-Constitution • The Week • Lit Hub • Publishers Weekly An illuminating, poignant, and savagely funny examination of modern marriage from Ask Polly advice columnist Heather Havrilesky If falling in love is the peak of human experience, then marriage is the slow descent down that mountain, on a trail built from conflict, compromise, and nagging doubts. Considering the limited economic advantages to marriage, the deluge of other mate options a swipe away, and the fact that almost half of all marriages in the United States end in divorce anyway, why do so many of us still chain ourselves to one human being for life? In Foreverland, Heather Havrilesky illustrates the delights, aggravations, and sublime calamities of her marriage over the span of fifteen years, charting an unpredictable course from meeting her one true love to slowly learning just how much energy is required to keep that love aflame. This refreshingly honest portrait of a marriage reveals that our relationships are not simply “happy” or “unhappy,” but something much murkier—at once unsavory, taxing, and deeply satisfying. With tales of fumbled proposals, harrowing suburban migrations, external temptations, and the bewildering insults of growing older, Foreverland is a work of rare candor and insight. Havrilesky traces a path from daydreaming about forever for the first time to understanding what a tedious, glorious drag forever can be.

One Indian Girl
  • Author : Chetan Bhagaot
  • Publisher : Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
  • Pages : 122
  • ISBN : 1537262874
  • Genre : Books
  • Chetan Bhagaot is author of one blockbuster book, "One Indian Girl." The New York times did not call him anything yet, USA detains him in airport every time he visits USA, Bhagaot got fired from an "Investment Bank" and trying to make a living out of writing books, Chetan Bhagaot is currently double timing his two Half Girlfriends Panusha and Ranusha. Please buy his book to support him maintaining his two half girlfriends. Here is one paragraph excerpt from the book "One Indian Girl." Sonja is a divorced and attractive Indian girl. She is working as a software engineer in an investment bank, USA. She has money ($$$$), she can afford sex outside marriage. She also has opinion on everything. She is dating various marriage prospects, will she get her dream guy?

The Good Earth
  • Author : Pearl S. Buck,Emily Hutchinson
  • Publisher : Turtleback Books
  • Pages : 92
  • ISBN : 0785795286
  • Reader Reviews : 79
  • Genre : Juvenile Fiction
  • A Chinese peasant overcomes the forces of nature and the frailties of human nature to become a wealthy landowner.

The Twelve Gifts in Marriage
  • Author : Charlene Costanzo
  • Publisher : William Morrow
  • Pages : 48
  • ISBN : 0060742526
  • Reader Reviews :
  • Genre : Self-Help
  • An inspirational, illustrated gift book offering a message of love and commitment for couples in all stages of matrimony. Anyone who's ever said ⇠do⟫nows that a successful marriage is not founded on love alone. It takes commitment, hard work, and patience to make the marriage work. Charlene Costanzo's latest book, The Twelve Gifts in Marriage, reminds us all what marriage is about and offers inspirational advice that couples of all ages will cherish. Like Charlene's first two books, Marriage opens with a parable: An elderly couple warns a young bride and groom that their life together won't always be blissful or easy, but that their love will grow deeper with time if they remember to practice twelve innate gifts栭ong them strength, faith, and compassion. The book then illustrates the twelve gifts with powerful and poignant hand–tinted photographs that offer an immediate, sensory connection to readers. Like Charlene's first two successful books, The Twelve Gifts in Marriage brings a hopeful, inspirational message to its readers, from newlyweds to couples celebrating their Golden Anniversary.